We all have our days: Thinking too much?

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thinking too much?

To my other self that thinks I don't understand,
To my other self that thinks I am immature,
To my other self that thinks I don't care,
To my other self that thinks too much....
stop thinking.
Please say I'm wrong, but I often find you over thinking things.. Things like how you look and what people will think if I do this and that. Its not wrong per se, however, these are reasons why you should stop thinking about how others view you.

1) Most of the time, people are thinking about themselves anyway.
Who has time to care if your shoe has that black spot on it?

2) Many a times, the people who matter don't care about these things.
If you are having a problem deciding what to do, chances are, it doesn't really matter. Its not like they are going to notice that you said okay thrice in that last sentence.

3) The more you control your actions, the more uncomfortable they feel.
Being more self-conscious, you can't really be yourself. Measuring every single word, weighing that brief moment of silence, isn't all that worth it. Be yourself, because the more uncomfortable you feel, the more uncomfortable he/she/they feel.

4) People want to open themselves up you. The other party also wants to talk. By opening up, you are giving the other person permission to do the same. If his/her/their opinion matters, it should be that you care about them. All the more you want to know about them.

5) You can't possibly wear a mask all your life. You may be able to show your best side once or twice, but it cannot go on forever. One day you will need to show him/her/them your true self. If you don't, you will slowly start to dislike their company.

6) Because those that truly matter are those that don't care about these trivial things...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home